Updated on 15 August 2015 – scroll to the bottom to see the update
Extreme Fliers, the inventors of the immensely successful Micro Drone 2.0, have finally announced their Micro Drone 3.0.
The new Micro Drone 3.0 looks very similar to the 2.0 version but packs in many more features that have turned the Micro Drone 3.0 into an advanced drone that can still fit in the palm of your hand.
Some of these features include the ability to automatically level and stabilise itself, fly upside down and tackle 45mph winds with a range of 300 feet. All these features make it much easier to fly and great for amateurs who are experiencing drones for the first time.
Arguably, the feature that makes the Micro Drone 3.0 even better is its new 720P video camera. There are other toy drones on the market that have cameras but they rely on SD cards to record the footage for playback later when you retrieve the Drone. The Micro Drone 3.0 camera adds advanced features only found on Drone costing £500++.
The Micro Drone 3.0 camera allows real time streaming of the video to your phone, whilst the Drone is in flight meaning you have much more control over what you are filming. This real time streaming also allows you to use your phone as a first person head up display to navigate the Drone even when the Drone is out of sight by using the supplied VR/phone holder like the one below.
If the headset is not your thing, the Micro-Drone will come with an attachment that allows you to mount your smartphone to the remote controller so you can see what your Drone sees as you fly.
The Micro Drone 3.0 can be controlled with the supplied stick controller or through the Micro Drone 3.0 app that in addition to streaming the video from the camera allows full control of the Drone.
Extreme Fliers are also offering a micro gimbal at an additional cost of $50 (approx. £35) that allows you to mount the supplied camera and not only stabilise the video but also allows 2-axis independent control of the camera, features typically found on expensive professional gimbals.
The best thing about the Micro Drone 3.0 is that it is a British invention and here at Buzzpods, we are big supporters of British inventors.[styled_box title=”Update 1″ class=”sb_gray”]There are only a few days left to pre-order your Micro Drone 3.0 at the special launch pricing of $150 (approx £100). The Pre-order campaign finishes on Sunday 16 August[/styled_box] [styled_box title=”Update 2″ class=”sb_gray”] Summary of the Micro Drone 3.0 Pre-order Campaign
- Micro Drone 3.0
- 1 battery and a charger
- Remote Control Handset
- HD Camera
- Virtual Reality Headset
- Files for printing 3D frames that allow you to customise the look of your Drone
In addition, due to the pre-order campaign hitting its targets, the following will also be included for FREE:
- Holder to attach your smartphone to the remote control handset (so you can see what the HD camera sees as your drone flies)
- Smartphone app to allow you to edit your Drone videos
- Meerkat integration allowing you to stream your Drone’s video feed to your Twitter followers
Also, for a small additional cost, you can order the following upgrades at pre-order pricing:
- Additional battery – $15 (approx. £10)
- Micro Gimbal – stabilizes the camera when in flight and allows you 2-axis control from your smartphone(similar to the much more expensive DJI Phantom with H4-3D Gimbal) – $50 (approx. £35)
Pre-order items are expected to ship as they come off the production line in November 2015, before they go on sale in stores.
If the Micro Drone 3.0 is your thing, then don’t delay ordering, once the Indiegogo Pre-order campaign closes in a few days time, you will have no further opportunity to pre-order and be one of the first to get this fantastic drone.
[/styled_box] [styled_box title=”Update 3″ class=”sb_gray”] With less than 24 hours to go before the end of the Pre-Order funding campaign, Extreme Fliers have announced some interesting upgrades to the Micro Drone 3.0 that will be included FREE with all orders.
- Carbon Fibre Arms – these will mean the arms are stronger, reducing the likelihood of breakages when colliding into walls, whilst at the same time reducing weight by 2 grams.
- Three Power Settings & Blades – The Drone will have 3 different power settings ranging from beginner to what they call insane. These power settings can be combined with different blades to match the setting.
- Bigger Battery – with the weight saving gained from the carbon fibre arms, Extreme Fliers have increased the battery size from 450mAh to 550mAh giving longer flight times.
- Increased WiFi Range – with a larger battery, the WiFi transmitter has been upgraded to a more powerful one, increasing the range you can stream the wireless video from 50 feet to 75 feet.
- Better FPV Headset – The Headset is also receiving a free upgrade to bigger lenses that will mean you will get a wider field of view whilst also allowing people with glasses to wear them.
Don’t forget, you have less than 24 hours to get your Pre-Order for the Micro Drone 3.0 in. The Pre-order campaign ends at 8am GMT/3am EDT on Sunday 15 August 2015.